How many times have you used your busy work day as an excuse? No more excuses with our small workplace changes– you can be fit anywhere!
- Get up off your chair and move around every 20-30 minutes. Does that sounds like a lot? It’s not! All you have to do is take a washroom break, or walk to the water cooler for a refill, or check out how an officemate is doing down the hall for 1 minute. As long as you are giving your body a chance to get some blood flowing, you are doing SOMETHING!
- Clench your booty. We know. It sounds kind of funny. But since you’re sitting almost 8 hours out of the day, why not squeeze your toosh to make it perkier? Try different sets –quick clenches vs long clenches. It might make you giggle, but it will also give your boom-boom a lift.
- Chair twists. With one arm, reach behind and hold your chair. Twist your entire spine in that same direction. Repeat on the other side. Twists are a great way to give your spine flexibility and they also squeeze out toxins from your internal organs.
- Speedy jacks. Are you going crazy sitting in your desk, staring at a glowing screen? Run to the washroom and do as many jumping jacks as you can in 20 seconds. You are bound to get a flush in your cheeks!
5. Take a lunch break. So many of us choose to work through our breaks so that we can prove to the boss we are hard working or so we can complete the mountain of tasks we’ve been assigned. But we are all entitled to our breaks, and lunchtime is the best opportunity to go for a 15 minute walk and really stretch the legs out!